Aspire Federal Credit Union offers a very attractive money in the bank deal through their best reward checking called Kasasa Cash. The current interest rates can be enjoyed when you suffice certain monthly requirements:
• 3.51% APY for deposits up to $25,000
• 1.01% APY for the funds above $25K
• Refunds ATM fees of as much as $25 incurred nationwide
You can enjoy the best interest rates of this high yield reward checking account if you fulfill the following:
• Complete 12 debit card purchases
• Set up a direct deposit or make at least one automatic payment
• Sign up for electronic statements
The best checking account from the credit union can be opened for as low as $50 initial funding. They do not require any minimum balance to maintain and do not collect any monthly service fees. You also automatically qualify for the interest rates for the first month of the account. You also get free access to their bills payment system.
This checking account is not listed on the Aspire website but is still posted on the website of Kasasa . You can watch the video there to get a glimpse of its features and benefits. This offer is offered to all zip codes.
The First ROI and BancVue are the main companies pushing for the reward checking account. When you click on the Aspire FCU application on the Kasasa page, it will take you to the page of Andera which is commonly used for online applications. From there you can sign up for membership to the credit union and open the Kasasa Cash account.
You can check out the membership page of Aspire FCU to check if you are eligible to join. It seems they are not that strict since they encourage you to choose from the drop down menu of organizations and join whichever interests you. Aspire Federal Credit Union asks for a share savings deposit of at least $5. You can call the credit union through 888-322-3732 and choose option 1 or through 1800-995-3666. They also have a very helpful live chat representative.
This credit union is the former FAA Eastern Region Federal Credit Union. Some of the branches of the credit union are in FAA facilities which are not open to everyone. Aspire has offices in Virginia, New York, New Jersey, and New Hampshire.
The financial rating of Aspire FCU is above average with 4 stars for soundness and safety coming from BauerFinancial based on their September 2009 data. Bankrate.com stamped their performance report with 3 stars. The credit union is covered by the NCUA through charter number 5800.
- First Trade Union Bank Offering $100 to Open a Virtual Checking Account
- 3.00% APY for 45-month Online Certificate of Deposit with Reliabank Dakota
- $100 bonus for best checking account with Flagstar Bank
- Weekly Rate Spotlight – WYMAR Federal Credit Union Offering 2.27% APY 24-Month CD
- 2.25% APY current cd rates for 15-month Certificate of Deposit with First City Bank